Hi there beautifuls! I have many tips about Tarot, so I wanted to share some of the things that I have learned over the years. I’ve been reading since I was ten years old, and now I am currently twenty nine years old. I am sure there are things that you will recognize as familiar, but I am hoping some of these tips are different for you and very interesting. Enjoy!
1. If one believes in animism, a deck has it’s own spirit. People have told me that it is more of the energy from the deck that is a spirit. I’m very much with them on both thoughts. I like to believe that they should be treated as one treats a beloved friend or family member when working with the tarot (or any other thing really).
2. Crystals, gems, minerals, etc. are very important when working with the tarot. You can use the crystals to clear or charge the deck with various energy or remove energy, like a sponge even!
3. Yes or No questions are a fun thing to do. I do this by shuffling the deck and pulling a card out from a random place in the deck that “feels” right. Then, I will set it in front of me. If it is upright, it’s a yes. If it is reversed, it is a no. Either way, you read the card as information on that yes or no as well. For example, if I was doing a yes or no, and I pulled the tower card in reverse, it would be no but it would also mean that there was something very destructive going on. It’s up to how you read it.
4. You don’t have to exactly memorize the tarot cards. You can read by judging the symbolism on the card itself. This is called intuitive reading, which is how I do most of my readings.
5. An oracle card can be read (one or however many you feel necessary) after or during a tarot reading as something like a “moral of the story” card. These tend to pull the reading together properly and you can see things more clearly. I use this method with most of my spreads.
6. Music can help get you in the mood when reading. I suggest finding something inspirational. I have some belly dancing music I like to play while I read because it has a good beat and I get the proper “feeling” for it.
7. Most people say that you should turn off electronics while you do tarot reading (or divination of any kind, really). This is very much true. You don’t have to always, but it really helps keep you from being distracted and for that energy to seep into your reading and taint it a bit.
8. Something to condiser when reading intuitively is that each deck has different images. Usually there are common themes that run an undercurrent through every deck, but there are symbols on the cards, like colours or objects and such, that can be interpreted differently.
9. When getting a deck, try to get one that calls to you. If you get a good gut feeling about it, try it out. I will post my way to “train” a deck one of these days for people to try out.
10. Trying the same question with a deck can typically mess with the reading. Say I was asking that yes or no question again. If I asked it over and over to the same deck, the reading would soon become tainted. Even if you try it with different decks, you will get some very strange readings. The energy knows you are trying to get a certain answer and you will only get that answer. So maybe asking questions in a variety of different ways, or asking something that pertains to the original question but elaborates on it would help a lot more.
So that’s my quick tips. I hope you enjoyed. I had fun writing it. If you have questions, feel free to ask! I love to hear from my viewers!
Lots of love,