Chakra—Sacral Colour- Orange Name: Svadhisthana
Ahh, orange. What a lovely colour. A very emotional one, connected to the sacral chakra, also known as Svadhisthana. There are so many things that you can do at this level in your studies. This is a very loving center of the body. This chakra is based around the basics of relationship issues and possible confrontations. It is the emotional powerhouse of the chakra system.
Orange is important to balance if you want to balance the relationships you have in your life. It is the colour of creativity as well. One can tap into this chakra (svadhisthana) to become a more creative individual. It is really quite simple. Don’t forget that this chakra is also the chakra of reproduction. It is very sexual, and similar to Muladhara in its ability to be primal. Most of the lower chakras are very earthy and connected to our primitive natures.
I work with my sacral chakra in a way that so I feel my relationship with my boyfriend is in a good state. We communicate together and work with our sacral chakras to become more in tune with each other. This could involve a meditation, if you so choose, or just the communication aspect. Yes, I am aware we can have sex and it would benefit from this chakra, but I am not a very sexual person and neither is he. We save sex for special occasions or when we really need to connect. In other words, it means something to us deeply, and because of that, our Svadhisthana chakras are vibrating happily.
I went over the differences of “wanting” and “needing” and how that appeals to our chakras a little bit in the previous post. A want is a very frivolous thing indeed, but not always unfounded in a need. When one needs something, such as a relationship with another person or animal or some spirit of some kind, one works with the lower chakras. I see wanting more as something from the chakras that make it a little unbalanced. When we work with our needs, we become more in tune.
If you find that you have an addiction problem that needs to be handled, this is the chakra to work with. It helps to address the issue by talking it out with someone else. If you find you need to talk to someone and have no one, there are probably websites out there that let you talk about your addiction with someone else. I have a small group of friends that get together to talk about stuff and we talk it out together. It’s sort of like a family. Everyone needs a family. If you find that your addiction problem is too hard to handle, please seek professional treatment. This could be a psychiatrist, therapist, counselor, minister, priest, priestess, etc. As long as they are willing to help you out in the long run, this is where you need to be going. I, myself, am a priestess/minister and am willing to talk things out with people. If you find you are in need of help of some kind, please don’t hesitate to ask me questions.
Let us meditate with Svadhisthana:
• Ground and center
• Begin breathing rhythmically, from the lower stomach. We want to FEEL the sacral chakra area moving and flowing, vibrating with its spiral power. Do as you did with Muladhara, moving from one part of the body to another part of the body slowly, letting them shut down and relax.
• Let your mind wander whichever way that you wish. Remember to be mindful with your thoughts. Let things flow into your mind and out, acknowledging them and letting them be for the moment, knowing that you will come back to it at a later time (such as after your meditation).
• Feel and visualize an orange glow around the lower area of your stomach. Not too high up because then we would be encroaching on our solar plexus’s territory. Feel the spiral of that chakra spinning and humming with power. You are becoming more connected with thoughts about relationships, your sexuality, and your base emotions.
• Now, when you feel like you are comfortable with the energy you have been working with; begin to get back in touch with your body. You can un-relax if you so choose, but it is best to not push it too much. You want to be comfortable, but not too tense. Meditations should feel good, not stressful. That is the goal of a meditation.
• Ground and center. You don’t want to be walking around with too much of this energy. You want to feel good, not too exuberant. You want the perfect amount of emotions.
• Get a small snack and something to drink to keep your sugar up if you need it, or just in general. It is always best to have some kind of snack and drink to keep your energy pure. I like to have a small bit of fruit and some organic fruit juice (I like to refer to myself as a part-time vegetarian. I don’t eat beef or pork and chicken and turkey kind of freak me out, but I like seafood sometimes. I do occasionally enjoy a steak and bacon though. Those two things are very endearing to me. Anyways…).
So not only have you meditated on your emotional stability chakra, you know a little more about me. Ha-ha. I would like it for you to work with this chakra often, and make sure it doesn’t get out of control. To be honest, it is best to work with all the chakras often to know how you feel and keep yourself in check.