Grounding and Centering:
Grounding and centering are two of the most basic things to do in the energetic sort of manner. I say it is one of the most vital. If one does not ground and center regularly, energy can become stagnant and foul, giving you negative energy or bad karma. I find grounding and centering to be key when working with any energy, ritual work, or spell work.
Here is how to ground and center:
• Stand or sit in a comfortable position. The best way to do this is barefoot outdoors (at least, that’s how I like to do it). You do not have to be outdoors and you do not have to be barefoot, but those help immensely.
• Feel the energy around your body. Feel the earth beneath your feet and the sky above your head. Take your time and just feel.
• Imagine energy from the earth entering your body and swirling in with your core of your body, somewhere in the center of your abdominal muscles and heart area. Feel the energy wash away your negativity as it goes through your body. This is the part of grounding and centering that is called grounding. They are two different things.
• Now imagine that energy flowing from your core and body and slowly moving into the earth. As it moves into the earth, feel that energy just dissipating into earth and so it become part of the earth itself. Energy is interesting in that you can have so much of it, but it cannot be created, it can only be rearranged. Energy is as finite as the universe is, which may be infinite. No one knows.
• Now feel your energy in your core tighten up and become your body once more. This is the part of it that is centering. Feel the energy flowing fluidly through your chakras up and down your spine and around your body. Feel energized.
Now you know about grounding and centering. Hopefully this helps. I find it helpful to ground before and after a ritual because one can cause energetic burnout in one’s body when people do not think about it. I have forgotten to ground and center once after a ritual and felt extremely worn down the next day without realizing why. I looked back on my ritual and realized that I needed to fix that problem so I grounded and centered. I immediately felt loads better.
This is also something you can do when you are not feeling well or are stressed out. It helps get the negative energy flowing out of your body and into the earth where it can regenerate into more positive energies into the trees and whatnot. Energy is an amazing thing like that.
Here’s to good health, less stress, and ritual/spell safety,